Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Weight issues - Indian women

I had been thinking about this since a long time and have discussed it with quite a few friends about the subject, 'why Indian women put on weight after marriage?' Please don't be judgmental here, I just wanted to put my point and address the issue with like minded people.

This is one thing that has bothered me for years, I watch girls, women everyday and my conclusion is, on an average most Indian women are on the healthier side and after marriage they put on more then ever. And by the time they are mommies they tend to look like an aunty in her 40's. Its a pity, why should such a thing happen to all these beautiful ladies? Did you ever think how do women in the west maintain so well, even in their 50's they manage to look much younger than their age.

Here are a few points I could come up with after talking to a few friends and maybe many of you would agree.
1. Mostly there is no physical exercise for women folk
2. Food habits like fried snacks, sweets, ice creams, etc.are one of the culprits
3. Typically Indian women loose weight when they are getting married, for those one month they do everything to get that shape

Many people also told me that women start putting on weight after marriage because they are relieved of the wedding pressures. Well, I cannot be a party to such a thought, life is too short to let it make its own way. As per my understanding, its is indiscipline of women folk who were ready to loose weight until marriage and then gave up.

Ladies, do you feel good to be out of shape? Nobody likes those love handles, muffin tops, etc. Wake up and put in some time into figuring out a right diet for yourself, go out and get into some exercise regime to burn those unwanted fats. I am sure you will start feeling good about yourself. To be in shape does not mean to be dieting but follow healthy food habits and a few exercise to burn those fats.

If you want to share your thoughts related to the topic please feel free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...